IN TERMS OF SECTION 11 OF THE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS AND TRANSACTIONS (ECT) ACT 25 OF 2002 AND THE COMMON LAW OF CONTRACT, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE VALID, BINDING AND ENFORCEABLE AGAINST ALL PERSONS THAT ACCESS THE iSUPPORT WEBSITE OR USE THE SERVICE THROUGH THE iSUPPORT WEBSITE OR ANY PART THEREOF. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, YOU MUST LEAVE THE WEBSITE(S) IMMEDIATELY AS FURTHER USE WILL AUTOMATICALLY BIND YOU TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
Elula Online (PTY) LTD , reg. no. 2018 / 061199 / 07 of No 5, Second road, Hyde Park, Johannesburg, South Africa;
Campaigns set up by iSupporters to raise funds a specified Charity;
Charity organisations registered on the Website;
Monetary Donations made by Users in support of Campaigns on the Website;
The charity website run by Elula Online;
Users who sets up a Campaign to raise funds for a certain cause;
The iSupport website, including the services available on and through the website and any page, part or element thereof;
Any person who enters or uses the Website;
Herein to the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
iSupport is a Charity website that collects Donations on behalf of Charities. iSupporters can set up a Campaign in favour of a Charity of their choice. Donations made on the iSupport website in favour of these Charities will then be paid over by iSupport to the particular Charities.
2. ALLOWED USE AND LICENSE
- 2.1 iSupport licenses the User to view, download, and print the content of the Website provided that such use is for private, personal, educational, and/or non-commercial purposes only.
- 2.2 Content from the Website may not be used or exploited by Users for any commercial and non-private purposes without the prior written consent of iSupport.
- 2.3 Users may only access, browse and use the Website for legitimate personal or commercial purposes and may not use the Website for:
- 2.3.1 Harmful purposes;
- 2.3.2 Illegal purposes;
- 2.3.3 Disclosing, sharing or publishing material that may be offensive, defamatory, regulated, copyrighted, incorrect, untrue, prohibited, infringing or damaging to any person; and/or
- 2.3.4 The creation, storage and sending of unsolicited commercial communications.
- 2.4 The caching of the Website shall only be allowed if:
- 2.4.1 The purpose of the caching is to make the onward transmission of the content from the Website more efficient;
- 2.4.2 The cached content is not modified in any manner whatsoever;
- 2.4.3 The cached content is updated at least every 12 (twelve) hours;
- 2.4.4 The cached content is removed or updated when so required by iSupport.
- 2.5 If any User uses content from the Website in breach of the provisions detailed herein:
- 2.5.1 iSupport reserves the right to claim damages from the User;
- 2.5.2 iSupport reserves the right to institute criminal proceedings against the User; and
- 2.5.3 iSupport shall not be liable, in any manner whatsoever, for any damage, loss or liability that resulted from the use of such content by the User or any third party who obtained any content from the User.
- 2.6 Hyperlinks to the Website from any other source shall be directed at the home page of the Website. Links beyond the iSupport home page may only be used with iSupport’s prior written consent.
- 2.7 iSupport shall not be liable, in any manner whatsoever, for any damage, loss or liability that resulted from the use of content, products or services available from the Website, if such content, products or services was accessed through a hyperlink not directed at the home page of the Website. Persons that wish to link to pages beyond the home page of the Website without iSupport’s prior written consent shall do so at their own risk and indemnify iSupport against any loss, liability, or damage that may result from the use of such hyperlinks. iSupport’s non-liability for deep linking is because deep links bypass these terms and conditions.
- 2.8 Users may quote small and reasonable amounts of content available from the Website and only if such a quote is placed in inverted commas and acknowledged.
- 2.9 No person may, without the prior written consent of iSupport, frame the Website in any manner whatsoever.
- 2.10 Apart from bona-fide search engine operators and use of the search facility provided on the Website by Users, no person may use or attempt to use any technology or applications (including web crawlers, robots or web spiders) to search, collect or copy content from the Website for any purpose whatsoever, without the prior written consent of iSupport.
- 2.11 Email addresses, names, telephone numbers, and fax numbers published on the Website may not be incorporated into any database used for electronic marketing or similar purposes. No permission is given or should be implied that information on the Website may be used to communicate unsolicited communications to iSupport and all rights detailed in section 45 of the ECT Act are reserved.
- 2.12 All licenses and/or permissions granted in terms of this clause 2 are provided on a nonexclusive and non-transferable basis and may be terminated or cancelled by iSupport at any time without prior notice or reasons.
3. CHARITIES AND CAMPAIGNS
- 3.1 iSupporters are allowed to use the Website to create and run Campaigns to collect Donations on behalf of a Charities specified by the Users;
- 3.2 iSupporters undertake to provide only true, legitimate and accurate information when setting up a Campaign;
- 3.3 iSupporters will receive no remuneration in any form for running a Campaign;
- 3.4 iSupport reserves the right to remove any Charities or Campaigns from the website;
- 3.5 In the event that a Donation is reversed the Charity in whose favour the Donation was made agrees to reimburse iSupport for any amounts paid to it relating to the reversed Donation.
4. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
- 4.1 All intellectual property on the Website, including but not limited to content, trademarks (or any confusingly similar trademarks), trade names, logos, pictures, video, downloads, domain names, patents, design elements, software, source code, meta tags, databases, text, graphics, icons and hyperlinks are the property of or licensed to iSupport and as such, are protected from infringement by domestic and international legislation and treaties. Subject to the rights licensed to the User in section 2, all other rights to intellectual property on the Website are expressly reserved.
- 4.2 No person shall amend, copy, use, decompile and/or reverse engineer the source code of the Website.
- 4.3 No person may use logos, icons, or trademarks from the Website as hyperlinks or other purposes without iSupport’s prior written consent.
5. SOFTWARE AND EQUIPMENT
It is the responsibility of the User to acquire and maintain, at his/her own expense, the necessary computer hardware, software, communication lines and Internet access accounts required to access the Internet and the Website and/or download content from the Website.
6. DISCLOSURES REQUIRED BY SECTION 43 OF THE ECT ACT
Access to the Website may be classified as “electronic transactions” as defined in terms of the ECT Act and therefore Users have the rights detailed in Chapter 7 of the ECT Act and ISupport has, amongst others, the duty to disclose the following information:
|FULL NAME AND LEGAL STATUS OF WEBSITE OWNER||Elula Online (PTY) LTD|
|REGISTRATION NUMBER||2018 / 061199 / 07|
|PHYSICAL ADDRESS||No 5, Second road, Hyde Park, Johannesburg, South Africa|
|POSTAL ADDRESS||P.O. Box 2101 Houghton 2041|
|LIST THE OFFICE BEARERS OF THE ORGANISATION||Kevin John Banks|
|TELEPHONE NUMBER||082 977 8865|
|FAX NUMBER||086 682 8474|
|MEMBERSHIP OF SELF-REGULATORY BODIES||N/A|
|CODE OF CONDUCT||N/A|
|DESCRIPTION OF SERVICES AVAILABLE FROM THE WEBSITE||iSupport is a charity website that collects Donations on behalf of Charities. iSupporters can set up a Campaign in favour of a Charity of their choice. Donations made on the iSupport website in favour of these Charities will then be paid over to the particular Charities.|
|DONATIONS||Donations are voluntary and can be any amount. iSupport shall retain a service fee of 10% of all Donations made via the Website.
Donations received shall be transferred to the relevant Charities within 14 days of each month end.
|SPECIAL TERMS OR GUARANTEES APPLYING TO DONATIONS FROM THE WEBSITE||None|
|PAYMENT METHODS FOR THE DONATIONS ON THE WEBSITE||Payment may be made via Visa, MasterCard, Diners or American Express credit cards via VCS.|
|HOW MAY CONSUMERS ACCESS A FULL RECORD OF WEBSITE TRANSACTION||Customer will have full access to all their transactions for the past 3 months in the “My Profile” section of the website after log-in.|
|RETURN, EXCHANGE OR REFUND POLICY OF THE WEBSITE||None|
|THE WEBSITE’S SECURITY MEASURES USED||Credit card transactions will be acquired for iSupport via Payfast uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Certificate and no credit card details are stored on the website. Customer details will be stored by iSupport separately from card details.|
|PHYSICAL ADDRESS FOR RECEIPT OF LEGAL SERVICE||No 5, Second road, Hyde Park, Johannesburg, South Africa|
|ALTERNATIVE DISPUTE RESOLUTION||Subject to urgent and/or interim relief, all disputes regarding: i) access and use of the Website; ii) the inability to access the Website; iii) the services and content available from the Website; or iv) these terms and conditions, shall be referred to arbitration in terms of the expedited rules of the Arbitration Foundation of South Africa and such arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in Johannesburg in English. The arbitration ruling shall be final and the unsuccessful party shall pay the costs of the successful party on a scale as between attorney and own client. The expedited rules of the Arbitration Foundation of South Africa may be downloaded from the following website: http://www.arbitration.co.za|
7. CHANGES AND AMENDMENTS
iSupport reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to do any of the following, at any time
without prior notice or justification:
- 7.1 change these terms and conditions;
- 7.2 change the content and/or service available from the Website;
- 7.3 discontinue any aspect of the Website or service(s) available from the Website; and/or
- 7.4 change the software and hardware required to access and use the Website.
- 8.1 iSupport shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of Users and for the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA).
- 8.2 iSupport may electronically collect, store and use the following personal information of Users:
- 8.2.1 name and surname;
- 8.2.2 area code;
- 8.2.3 street address;
- 8.2.4 postal address;
- 8.2.5 title;
- 8.2.6 contact numbers;
- 8.2.7 non-personal browsing habits and click patterns;
- 8.2.8 e-mail address; and / or
- 8.2.9 IP address.
- 8.3 iSupport collects, stores and uses the abovementioned information for the following purposes:
- 8.3.1 Communicate requested information to the User;
- 8.3.2 Provide services to the User as requested by the User;
- 8.3.3 Authenticate the User;
- 8.3.4 Provide the User with access to restricted pages on this website; and / or
- 8.3.5 Compile non-personal statistical information about browsing habits, clickpatterns, and access to the Website.
- 8.4 Information detailed above is collected either electronically by using cookies or is provided voluntarily by the User. Users may determine cookie use independently through their browser settings.
- 8.5 iSupport may collect, maintain, save, compile, share, disclose and sell any information collected from users, subject to the following provisions:
- 8.5.1 iSupport shall not disclose personal information from Users unless the User consents thereto;
- 8.5.2 iSupport shall disclose personal information without the User’s conset only through due legal process; and
- 8.5.3 iSupport may compile, use and share any information that does not relate to any specific individual.
- 8.6 iSupport own and retain all rights to non-personal statistical information collected and compiled by iSupport.
9. HYPERLINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
- 9.1 iSupport may provide hyperlinks to websites not controlled by iSupport (“target sites”) and such hyperlinks do not imply any endorsement, agreement on or support of the content, products, and/or services of such target sites.
- 9.2 iSupport does not editorially control the content, products and/or services on target sites and shall not be liable, in any manner whatsoever, for the access to, inability to access, use, and inability to use or content available on or through target sites.
- 10.1 iSupport shall take all reasonable steps to secure the content of the Website and the information provided by and collected from Users from unauthorised access and/or disclosure. However, iSupport does not make any warranties or representations that content shall be 100% safe or secure.
- 10.2 Subject to the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the ECT Act, if applicable, iSupport is under no legal duty to encrypt any content or communications from and to Users and is also under no legal duty to provide digital authentication of any pages on the Website.
- 10.3 Users may not deliver or attempt to deliver, whether on purpose or negligently, any damaging code, such as computer viruses, robots or spy ware, to the Website or the server and computer network that support the Website.
- 10.4 Notwithstanding criminal prosecution, any person who delivers or attempts to deliver any damaging code to the Website, whether on purpose or negligently, shall, without any limitation, indemnify and hold iSupport harmless against any and all liabilities, damages, risks and losses that iSupport and its partners / affiliates may suffer as a result of such delivery, attempt or damaging code.
- 10.5 Users may not develop, distribute, or use any device or programme designed to breach or overcome the security measures of the restricted pages, products and services on the Website and iSupport reserves the right to claim damages from any and all persons involved, directly and indirectly, in the development, use and distribution of such devices or programmes.
- 10.6 Users who commit any of the offences detailed in sections 85 to 88 of the ECT Act shall, notwithstanding criminal prosecution, be liable for all resulting liabilities, losses, destruction or damages suffered and/or incurred by iSupport and its partners / affiliates due to or related to these illegal actions.
11. DISCLAIMER AND LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
- 11.1 Subject to the provisions of sections 43(5) and 43(6) of the ECT Act, if applicable, and as far as allowed by law, iSupport (including its owners, employees, suppliers, Internet service providers, partners, affiliates and agents) shall not be liable for any damage, loss or liability of any nature incurred by whomever and resulting from:
- 11.1.1 access to the Website;
- 11.1.2 inability to access the Website
- 11.1.3 content available on the Website;
- 11.1.4 Charities, Campaigns and Donation services available from the Website;
- 11.1.5 good, products and / or services purchased from the Website; or
- 11.1.6 any other reason not directly related to iSupport’s gross negligence.
- 11.2 The iSupport website is supplied on an “as is” basis and has not been compiled to meet the User’s individual requirements. It is the responsibility of the User to satisfy himself or herself, prior to entering into this agreement with iSupport, that the content available from and through the Website meet the User’s individual requirements and is compatible with the User’s computer hardware and/or software.
- 11.3 Information, ideas and opinions expressed on the Website should not be regarded as professional advice or the official opinion of iSupport and Users are encouraged to consult professional advice before taking any course of action related to the information, ideas or
opinions expressed on the Website.
- 11.4 iSupport does not make any warranties or representation that content and services available from the Website shall in all cases be true, correct or free from any errors. iSupport shall take all reasonable steps to ensure the quality and accuracy of content available from the Website.
- 11.5 iSupport does not make any warranties or representations that the Website shall be available at all times. Users acknowledge that the Website may be unavailable due to updates or other causes beyond the reasonable control of iSupport, including, but not limited to virus infection, unauthorised access (hacking), power failure or other “acts of God”
- 11.6 iSupport does not make any warranties or representations regarding the Campagins, Charities and services available from the Website.
- 11.7 The Website is provided “as is” and no warranties, implied or express, are given or implied.
12. REMOVAL AND CORRECTION OF CONTENT
Users are encouraged to report untrue, inaccurate, defamatory, illegal, infringing, and/or harmful content available from the Website to iSupport and iSupport undertakes to correct and/or remove such content or any part thereof if the person reporting such content provided reasonable grounds to prove the alleged nature of the content.
13. INTERCEPTION OF COMMUNICATIONS
- 13.1 Subject to the provisions of the Regulation of Interception of Communications (RIC) Act 70 of 2002, the User agrees to iSupport’s right to intercept, block, filter, read, delete, disclose and use (include all “data messages” as defined in the ECT Act) send or posted by the User to the Website, its staff and employees.
- 13.2 The User agrees and acknowledges that the consent provided by the User in clause 12.1 satisfies the “writing” requirement as detailed in the ECT Act and the RIC Act.
14. ENTIRE AGREEMENT AND SEVERABILITY
- 14.1 These terms and conditions constitute the entire agreement between iSupport and the User and shall take precedent over any disclaimers and/or legal notices attached to any communications and/or postings received by iSupport from the User.
- 14.2 Any failure by iSupport to exercise or enforce any right or provision shall in no way constitute a waiver of such right or provision.
- 14.3 In the event that any term or condition detailed herein is found unenforceable or invalid for any reason, such term(s) or condition(s) shall be severable from the remaining terms and conditions. The remaining terms and conditions shall remain enforceable and applicable.
15. AGREEMENT IN TERMS OF SECTION 21 OF THE ECT ACT
The User and iSupport agree that:
- 15.1 the User shall be bound to these term and conditions and such agreement is concluded in Johannesburg (South Africa) at the time the User enters the Website for the first time;
- 15.2 data messages (as defined in the ECT Act) addressed by the User to iSupport shall only be deemed to have been received if and when responded to;
- 15.3 data messages (as defined in the ECT Act) addressed to the User by iSupport shall be deemed to be received by the User as detailed in section 23(b) of the ECT Act;
- 15.4 data messages (as defined in the ECT Act) addressed by the User to iSupport shall be deemed to have been created and sent by the User from within the geographical boundaries of South Africa;
- 15.5 electronic signatures, encryption and/or authentication is not required for valid electronic communications between the User and iSupport; and
- 15.6 the User agrees and warrants that data messages that are sent to iSupport from a computer, IP address or mobile device normally used by or owned by the User, was sent and/or authorised by the User personally.
16. APPLICABLE AND GOVERNING LAW
The iSupport Website is hosted, controlled and operated from the Republic of South Africa and therefore, subject to clause 5 the South African law enforced by the South African courts governs the use or inability to use the Website, its content, services, products and these terms and conditions.
17. LEGAL COSTS
iSupport shall not be liable for costs incurred by Users to obtain professional advice relating to these terms and conditions.